Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Life as Art

This is my card for Sharon's Friday Challenge. This week she issued the call to create a card with a modern feel - Stamp Simply #71 - A Modern Edge. For the Quote I stamped on white then masked everything but the small boxes with "ART" I just added a little color, then I masked only the "ART" boxes and airbrushed the remaining portion while it was still in the Nestie die. The background is from a new set from Papertrey Ink, I stamped randomly and colored with Copics. The glossy paper I used as my card base was actually a mailer-- a four page fold out brochure from the Bellagio (wanting me to come lose my money to them), when I saw it... I knew it was destined for the craft room. The little silver jewels are not smooth but faceted like silver studs and I stuck them in between the scallops of the Nestie. I added a little ribbon and slider to complete the card. Wa-laaa. Done.
  • Stamps: "Life as Art" by Verses Rubber Stamps, The flourish is from a Papertrey Ink set called "With Sympathy"
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Dark Red Card Stock, Misc Melon Color DP, Glassy Card Stock -- Bellagio mailer! lol
  • Other: Silver Studs, Copics/ABS, Spellbinder's Classic Squares, Misc. Ribbon, Ribbon Slider by Maya Road

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Not exactly what I'd call simple, though. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty & soft
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that ribbon slider is so pretty...I looked all over when I went to the big city last weekend for some pretty sliders...do you think I could find any...and here you are showing me a beauty on such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous. I left too soon... missed the airbrushing demo! Love the way this came together.


    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and very elegant card. I love the jewels tucked in the dip of the scallops, very clever. And the soft airbrushing is the perfect touch. Spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Especially the slider. Great colors and layout. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one's a stunner - love the colors and that ribbon slide!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card just blew me away when I saw it last week at SCS - I LOVE every single thing about it -- gorgeous images and shapes, beautiful embellishments -- totally fabulous work!!! So glad you could play!

    ReplyDelete