Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

In a Pickle

These Pickle Jars just make me laugh. I stamped one and then masked it to make a row of jars. I colored with my Copic Markers and then coated with Crystal Lacquer for a glassy look, one jar is popped up to add some dimension. I trimmed two little pickles out to add below with the sentiment. I added a wee tiny bit of Spica on the pickles here and there, just for something to catch the light. Some little ribbon additions and done. Finished card is an A2. Click on the pictures for a better view.
  • Stamps:"Thank You" by A Muse #9-8145B, All other stamps by Lockhart: Pickle Jar #2074, "In a Pickle..." #10025, Millinery Ribbon Vine #9005
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Curious Cryogen White, Lime DP by Basic Grey, Polka Dots by Memory Box from the Sprout Collection, Black Card Stock
  • Other: Misc. Ribbon, Copics, Cuttlebug Folder, Corner Rounder, Green Spica, Crystal Lacquer, Pentel Silver Pen (on the jar handles)

8 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I love how you've masked the pickle jars and the sentiment is just perfect! Whoever receives this card will have a great laugh and will indeed be lucky to have such a fabulous card!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. well this is too cute love how you masked the jars they really do look real
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can take any stamp and make it into the best card. I am always amazed!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you masked the jar and made the row! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant card! I think those pickle jars are so funny and you've such a clever design with them. Great colouring and gorgeous papers too. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so cute!!! I love the pickles jars in the row!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card ... love your masked jars.

    ReplyDelete