Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy Birthday from Maude

I colored this last night and I reached for it because it summed up my morning... When my car would not start, because my DH (insert your choice of word for D) left my lights on. My brother-in-law came and jumped off my car, Thank you Michael! Oh yeah -- my jumper cables, where were they, of course in the DH's car. I did get to work and all is well with my car, except for the fact that I have to put some code in to my radio for it to work again... hmmm... where would I put a secret code??? Got me. So the hunt is on for that. Anyway, I gave the DH one day of grief and he is on laundry duty tonight, but all is well with me and the DH now, except for the radio. So that was the inspiration behind my image choice. I colored Maude with Copics. I added some little pearl buttons to help dress her frumpy robe up a bit and some soft little bows to contrast with the image. The blue background I ran through a Cuttlebug folder and while the paper was still in the folder I sanded it, that way the ridges were supported by the folder and it sanded only the raised portion -- a good tip from my pal Robin. That about sums it up.
  • Stamps: Maude by Art Impressions, Sentiment by Inkadinkadoo
  • Ink: Versamark and Detail White EP, Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Blue DP with white core by My Mind's Eye, Pink, White, Blue
  • Other: Nesties, Pearls, Spellbinders Tag, Cuttlebug Folders, Pink Ribbon, Eyelets, White Ribbon

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,

    I love this image and how you have used it. Wishing you a much brighter and happy day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is too funny I had a day like that yesterday let's see my car key would not turn (finally got it started) went to the mall half hour away they were closed due to inventory. come home and start shredding papers (I'm organizing for 2009) it stops working. Fell in my driveway due to ice. so your card is perfect
    I really like it just thought I would share LOL so we should be good now till next year LOL
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can relate to this image far too closely, lol. Great card, Jen. Glad you got the car troubles all sorted out. At least you weren't up here in the -1 degree weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is hysterical, but I'm glad I don't have a birthday any time soon! I had 'one of those days' yesterday myself, so I can totally relate! Love the bunny slippers! Good job with your sanding ;-)
    Your pal, Robin ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love those DHs! We got back Monday night from our trip out west, only to find that the car battery was dead. After his buddy came to the airport and jumped it for us, we discovered that the map light had been left on. Since DH dropped me at the curb with the luggage and then parked, I wonder who could have done that...? Great card - I'm especially lovin' the color combo! Oh - and if you call the car dealership, they'll give you the code for your radio...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bit about inserting what you think for the D in DH, nearly wet my pants, this sounds so familiar!
    You probably well and truly got your radio working now, but the code is usually in your manual.
    TFS your work, really enjoy looking at it.
    Cheers,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete