Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

Girly Get Well

So while making this card all I could think of was it was the color of Pepto Bismol. It is that color, isn't it? I picked the floral pink paper knowing I was going to paper piece the tissue box.... had no idea it would end up this pink in the end! The paper was double sided with the other being the stripe pattern. I double stamped the Kleenex box and popped up the two panels that say "Sniff" to help give the box some dimension - with the Kleenex poofing out on top, it needed something a little more on the bottom. Little ribbon knot and some corner pearls to finish it off. Done.
  • Stamps: Tissue Box by Lockhart #4003, Feel Better Soon by The Cat's Pajamas # C-6371
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Misc. Double Sided DP (floral/stripes), Off White Card Stock, Misc. Coral Card Stock
  • Other: Nesties, Kleenex, Martha Stewart Fine Tip Pen "Brick" for doodles, Half Pearls, Japanese Screw Punch, Misc. Ribbon

6 comments:

  1. I'm on a roll getting here before Heather ;-)

    Love your doodles on the nestie - it's so perfectly and evenly spaced.

    It is a bit Pepto-Bismal-ly colorwise, but it's a very cute card and will certainly make the recipient feel better!

    Funny, my verification word includes 'strep'....and I've had a bit of a sore throat today....hope there's not a message in there somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally okay with the color combo - Pepto or not! LOVE the doodles the most, though - so cute! The tissue is a stroke of genius, as well. Another great card, darlin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card and that tissue box is too cute I really like the color
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of pink (my least favorite color, haha) But it is a very cute card. Love the doodles around the edge of the Nestie, you do such a good job on those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pink. You should save this card for when Barb gets sick since she loves pink. Love the layering of the nesties. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haw haw on your Pepto Bismol comment, as that what I kept thinking with my last post and the color I used!
    This card is super cute! Love all details with the tissue, the ribbon, the doodles!

    ReplyDelete