Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Duck Quilt

Yes.... the Quilt Blocks look totally tedious, and I really thought they would be... but they were kind of addictive... once you start cutting them up and playing with them, building patterns, it really comes together quickly. And a perfect way to use up old scrap paper! I like when other bloggers show cards/work in progress, so I thought I would show you one of my favorite things... the Scor-Pal Cutting Mat. I love this mat, because of the 12"x 12" detailed grid. It makes lining things up soooo easy, and the fact that it nests right in my Scor-Pal is a huge space saver too! It was handy to help me place my squares and the White Tape (This tape is adhesive and comes in different colors and widths... called Rainbow Tape). On the duck train I used 1/16" eyelets to look like little wheels. I think this duckie paper has been in my stash for at least 6 years! So tell my husband - I do get around to using it all... it just takes time. I didn't fuss up this card with a bow or any little extras, I thought the quilt strip was enough to make it look complete. Finished card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Repeat Impressions; Ducks #1612-G, Quilt Block #620-D, Quilt Block #612-D
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: Misc. Duck Scrapbook Paper, Yellow Check DP by Making Memories, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Misc. Blue Card Stock
  • Other: Nesties, Copics, Mini Teensy Buttons, 1/16" Eyelets, Cuttlebug Folder, 1/16" White Rainbow Tape, Small Diamond Punch by Emaginations

8 comments:

  1. this is so darn cute love the ducks with the background paper perfect
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, that is one of the cutest damn cards I have ever seen! It is absolutely adorable!!!!!
    Loves from the Queen

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK - another WoW card from you! Love all the special details - paper piecing, Jenny doodles, tiny buttons... Cute, cute, cute!

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, this is just darn cute. What a clever idea to make the quilt squares into a quilt, why did I not think of that. This is great, Jenny, love the color scheme. And the little duckies are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute, Jenny - one of your best ever. I shouldn't have looked at yours or Sandy's but they are both so different that it opens up a lot of possibilities!

    Great tip about using the Scor-Pal mat - I hadn't thought of that.

    Really cute. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card...I love all the cardstock you used here too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This just may be the cutest card you've ever done!!Miriam

    ReplyDelete