Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Be My Valentine


The OCC challenge for today was Crazy for Hearts: Create a card using two hearts or more. I got two on there! I'm giving this card to the husband. He likes to call the House Mouse images "rats". So this little sweet Valentine rat is for him. I stamped the mousie on Cryogen and airbrushed around her using a W1 Copic Marker while the image was still in the Nestie die. I colored with Copics and added some little white dots on the hearts with a white gel pen, and I used some Spica clear over the pink portions. I made my doodles with a fine tip brown pen. My favorite lacy Martha punch along the bottom edge and a little red ribbon to finish it off. Finished card size is an A2.

  • Stamps: House Mouse by Stampabilities, Circle Sentiment by Studio G
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: All DP is from the Candy Lane collection by SU, Curios Cryogen White
  • Other: Martha Stewart Lace Doiley Punch, Copics, Brown Pen, Spica Clear, White Signo Gel Pen, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon by SU, Spellbinder's Classic Circles, Spellbinder's Curved Rectangles

17 comments:

  1. *giggles* Technically sweet as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another cute card love that rat I mean mouse lol
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sabrina aka okimom2girlzJanuary 31, 2009 at 7:46 PM

    This is one mouse I would not be afraid of, LOL!!
    I love everything about this card.
    Thank you so very much for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had this mouse in my hands not one hour ago at the store and my husband said oooh, that gives me the creeps. It must be a man thing. I think the card is wonderful!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rats...I just love that...darling card...you know me and the meeces...I like those nesties too. That DP is so delicious too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, "rats"....that sounds so harsh, doesn't it. That strips them of their cuteness. However, your card is cute as can be. I love the scallops and the way your ribbon curves like your Nesties do. The image is too cute, and the papers are perfect. Very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAwwwwwweeeeeeee! Is all I can say! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ribbon looks amazing and that mouse is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a precious card! I love that little guy! :) Thanks for sharing and your blog rocks too! Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet Jenny! I love the Kraft with the red and white and your scallops are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww!!! Jenny he's soooo cute,how could anyone resist taking his Valentine heart from him, Gorgeous card.
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable mouse! I love the ribbon at the top and behind the circle medallion at the bottom. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute little critter!

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this card is so cute! I really love it!
    Greetings from Germany
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwwww, what a cutie! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the framing of your cute little 'rat'! and the wonderful punched lacey edge!

    ReplyDelete