Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Be as a Bird...

This card is for this Saturday's OCC Challenge, which was a sketch from Jennifer Meyer. The birds on a branch are actually one image, but I cut circles highlighting different portions of the stamp. I stamped in Versafine Vintage Sepia, but then went over the birds and branches with some fine tip Micro pens to add some detail and definition since they were on small circles. I used my Copic Lionel Gold for a little airbrush action to soften the white. The DP is from Basic Grey's "Sugared" Collection.... I love this paper and the colors. I touched up the birdies with a little Gold Spica pen for some shimmer. Some little stitch mark doodles, golden pearls and a triple bow to finish it off. Finished card size is an A2. I like this quote too, all stamps used are from Coronado Island. And today they have their Spectacular Sunday Sale, so check it out.... sale items include some very cute kitty stamps and a grouping of fabulous western images (which I don't have but now I want after looking through them!). Click on the pics to see more detail. Thanks for stopping by my little blog!

12 comments:

  1. Very rich looking card...love the colors and everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny :) Your card is gorgeous! I LOVE the rich design and colors! Thanks for playing along with the OCC!

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card has so many details...wow I just keep seeing new things each time I look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the tone on tone look love your work
    hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very lovely and elegant! I like the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, so fun, thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful!!! I LOVE the gorgeous colors and the little birds are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So striking! I love the richness of the colors you used. Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh!!! This is stunning!!!! it's perfect! from the colors to the stamps you chose! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! this is Gorgeous Jenny, I love the browns.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely amazing!!! Love all your detailed work!!! Just love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! So much wonderful detail! I just LOVE that ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete