Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Two Turtle Doves

What is a Turtle Dove anyway -- is that a real bird?? OK, it is a real bird - I just looked it up and this is what Wikipedia says..... The Turtle Dove is a member of the bird family Columbidae, which includes the doves and pigeons. So there's my trivia for the day.
The actual card base is green - I used white and red squares to color block the sides. On the gold center panel, I chose to deboss using my cuttlebug folder, which I think is just as nice of a look. I used my ATG gun to adhere the ribbon to the gold panel. These images are kind of difficult as they leave a lot of "card space" to fill up! We'll see if I make all 12 days....
  • Stamps: Penny Black "The 12 Days of Christmas" clear set
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Misc. Gold, Green and Red Card Stock
  • Other: Nesties, Misc. Ribbon, Cuttlebug Folder, Pearls, Gold Pearls, Homemade Glitter Glue

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Jenny. This is a beautiful card. How do you make your double bows? They always look so nice. That is a fabulous ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your uses of pearls, ribbon and tri-color base. the gold CB sheet adds just the right touch. Fantastic! Miriam

    ReplyDelete