Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

A Partridge in a Pear Tree



Hmmm.... can you guess what the next 11 posts will be? Penny Black came out with this totally adorable set of The Twelve Days of Christmas, and I thought it would be fun to post one each day. I'll have to say the French Hen is probably my favorite... but you'll have to wait to to see it.
The card... I had not done a suspension card in some time... and I thought it might work for this little guy. I realized it was only one little stamp... and I was left with a lot of other "space", so I cut the space away! I picked up the little jewels in the jewelry section of JoAnn's. I used fishing line to suspend them. You can click on the close up for a better view. With Nesties -- doing cards like this are soooo much easier than the olden days before we had Nesties.
I had no idea what color a partridge is.... so I googled it and the images I found were white, red, brown, blue.... so I just picked a color and went with it. I used Copics to color the image.... and just realized I did not used any Spicas-- I will remedy that.
  • Stamps: Penny Black "The 12 Days of Christmas"
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: DP is from Basic Grey 6x6 "Boxer", Misc. Blue and Rust Card Stock, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Copics, Jewels, Fishing Line, Nesties

3 comments:

  1. So cute! How did you attach the fishing line at top and bottom? I found that mine, after a couple of months of sitting in my "portfolio" box, had wriggled out of their moorings, and I'm not sure what to do to get them back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute. I can't wait to see the other 11 days... I'll be coming over for my tutorial soon (hopefully!)

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the suspention and the image. Great idea with the beads. Miriam

    ReplyDelete