Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Let it Snow

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I am back in the swing of things after a little break. Really.... I don't want snow. Seeing it on the news is just fine with me. Here in Atlanta two flakes shuts the entire city down and everyone flies to the grocery to buy bread and milk. Never understood the bread and milk.... but the shelves empty in no time flat!

I like how the snow turned out on this very simple card. I airbrushed the background and then used my blender pen to remove color in little white dots, which I then covered with my home made glitter/crystal lacquer concoction... with the crystal lacquer it dries but still looks like wet little glittery dots of snow. Click on the close up for a better look.

  • Stamps: All Stamps by Repeat Impressions
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark and Gold Detail EP
  • Paper: Curious Cryogen White, Gold, Green, Red
  • Other: Nesties, Japanese Screw Punch, Home Made Glitter Glue (Fairy Dust and Crystal Lacquer), Copics/ABS

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo, I beat Heather! I didn't even look at the card, just had to get my comment in first ;-)

    Love your little snow 'drops' - very clever!

    Nice to have you back in the saddle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *giggles* Robin, you're cracking me up... Jen, I love! that snow! It looks really terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Jen. I love all the clean lines, not like you to have so few embellishments. I, on the other hand, LOVE snow. We got about 3 inches over night so everything is white and beautiful. Hey, what size punch do you use to make your holes in the scalloped edge? I love how you wound the rope through it in some of your previous posts, will have to try that technique. So glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete