Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Jingle Jingle Jingle

I needed some Christmas cards to put gift cards in for my nephews.... I totally wimped out on Toys-r-Us.... I just couldn't manage to drag my tail in the store to shop in the Holiday season.... so their parent's can take them! Terrible of me, I know. But not having children, going in there is like visiting another planet for me. I can barely recognize Barbie and Ken these days! So, I wanted to make something fun and colorful for them. I saw the Jingle, Jingle, Jingle stamp in my Christmas case and it inspired the addition of the bells, and yes, they do jingle. They might jingle right off the card in the hands of a 5 year old -- but that's OK! I tied a little knot on the bells and added a little drop of Ultimate Glue to help them stay attached. On my scallop nestie I used embroidery thread and a fat craft needle to rope the thread up and over the holes (created with the screw punch). I love this look, so it will be probably be my "new favorite thing" for a few more postings. The corners are 2 sizes of photo corners, one turned opposite and the point ends trimmed. Go ahead and make fun of the lower left corner-- it is crooked, I see that now, long after the glue is dry. He's five, so I'm not gonna worry about it. I'm sure the card will be discarded quickly and present opening resumed. Thrilled to have them in town for the Holidays... Christmas is so much more fun seeing the excitement of the kids opening the gifts.


  • Stamps: Chantigo and Ornament by Stampendous, Sentiment from Michael's $1 Bin
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: DP by DCWV Mat Stack, Bazzill Red, Bazzill Yellow, Curious Cryogen White, Aqua Embossed DP
  • Other: Crystal Lacquer, Home Made Glitter Glue, Nesties, Copics, Embroidery Floss, Photo Corner Punch by SU, Dew Drops, Japanese Screw Punch, Crystals, Gold Gel Pen

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny

    This is delightful! Love the way you stitched the white thread and your idea with the photo corners. You always come up with some very effective design ideas to add pizazz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the new rope thing you're doing. Going to have to try it myself. Love the jingle bells,too.

    Can't wait to see your next creation. You never cease to amaze me.


    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh, you outdid yourself on this one! I LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete