Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

In HOT water

Here I am, the bad blogger.... I could tell you that blogger has been eating my posts all week, all my paper was stolen, the cat ate my cards... but the truth is.... well,I just have not had any creativity going on here! Nothing. Clean craft desk, chores done, free time and nothing. Went on a shopping spree for new craft goodies.... sure that would spark something. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Now of course, the weekend is coming to an end and back to work in the morning..... NOW I'm feeling crafty. I knew this would happen. Anyway... this card came together pretty quick -- I used one of my new Martha Stewart Punches to create the checkerboard border. Still not a Martha fan, but here punches got through card stock like butter, so have to give the thumbs up on those. And I finally got an order of the Curious Cryogen paper ---- Love it! It doesn't show in the pictures but I really love the subtle shimmer the paper gives off and it works super with Copics. I used such a dark red and black, I tried to lighten it up with some pale pinkish ribbon, and go figure, I had pearls in that exact same color to finish it off.
  • Stamps: All stamps by Lockhart
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Paper: DP by Basic Grey 6x6 pads, Curious Cryogen White, Black, Rust, White Card Stock
  • Other: Nesties, Pearls by Kaiser, Misc. Ribbon, Copics, Micro Black Pen, Martha Stewart Checkerboard Border Punch

3 comments:

  1. *lol* It's a cute card,though it could be taken a few different ways, eh? Glad you got some spark back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card - love the stamp and the expression.

    I have a couple of the Martha punches and like them for the most part too. I'm not too crazy about the snowflake one I got that embosses and cuts, though.

    I recently got an order of the Cryogen white, but haven't tried it with Copics yet. It does have a really nice shimmer, and as luck would have it, I already had a pack of envelopes made out of it, so I'm in good shape!

    Sorry your weekend didn't turn out to be more crafting fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the MS punch turned out! Great use of the chicken pot too! Miriam

    ReplyDelete