Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2008

School Chick

A friend needed a Thank You for a teacher... for those of you are wondering why I am making this card. I have not enrolled my kitty in any New Age Cat School! The little chick is stamped in Black Craft and I embossed using Detail Clear EP. Copics to color in the border and image and of course the apple is Spica Sparkly. The chick looks a little blob-ish in the pic but is better IRL. The sentiment I embossed with White Detail EP and then used a red fine tip pen to outline it. The Chick and the Sentiment are popped up with foam tape. A few little ribbon and button details to finish it off. If my cat did go to school, I know he would be the smartest and coolest cat in the class.
  • Stamps: School Chick by Stampendous, Sentiment by SU "Phrases for a Friend"
  • Ink: Versamark and White Detail EP, Black Pigment and Clear Detail EP
  • Paper: DP by KI Memories #3033 Scribbles/School Days, Misc. Card Stock Yellow, Red, Blue, Neenah Classic Solar White
  • Other: Misc Ribbon, Nesties, Spicas, Copics, Misc. Buttons, Red and Black Micro Pens

4 comments:

  1. Hah! I don't usually get to be the first to leave a comment! I have to admit I was wondering why you had made this card, until I read your description! Very cute, card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfully colorful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. Primary colors, chick and sentiment are all great together! Love the polka dots on the chick mat too.
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. This chick is the best! Great card - great subject matter.

    ReplyDelete