Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Peace, Love & Joy


This card started with the adorable penguin DP... it came in a Debbie Mumm 4x6 stack and it's all glitzy and embossed. I found I really like using DP from a 6x6 pad or 4x6 stack for two reasons... The prints are usually smaller and better suited to go on a card (vs. a Scrapbook page) and the other reason is the tiny scraps that are left I can toss and not feel bad about saving scraps of paper.

The little penguin is one stamp - I stamped him three times. Then twice more and cut those two out to pop up. I Spica'd the hats and used some fine glitter glue for the white portions of the hats. I doodled a bit around the edges. I also took my .005 Micro pen and added some little penguin hairs/wrinkles (? whatever!) in different spots on their bellies.

Peace, Love and Joy are one one stamp together but I inked the words and stamped them separately. I doodled around the edges of the tags too, then coated the edges with some fine glitter glue - when I say "fine glitter glue" I mean it's small glitter and does not dry all chunky! The ribbon I tacked down to the paper with some Ultimate Glue to keep it puffed up and in place.

Here are some close up pictures so you can see the detail a bit better. You can click on the pics to enlarge...

  • Stamps: All stamps by Repeat Impressions: Peace, Love, Joy #406-H, Holiday Penguin # 2005-D
  • Paper: All DP by Debbie Mumm, Neenah Classic Crest White, Riding Hood Red by SU
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU's Riding Hood Red
  • Other: Old Olive Poly Twill Ribbon by SU, Real Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon by SU, Nesties, Spicas, Corner Rounder, Glitter Glue, Copics, Micro Pens, Red Crystals, Slot Punch, Brads

5 comments:

  1. Really cute - love the DP and the little penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I have never seen this stamp before...it goes so well with the DP and good golly...I need this inspiration! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the penguins. The "wrinkles" make them look even cuter! The ribbon treatment adds great dimension, too.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  4. too,too,too cute! They are great and love all the glitter and squiggle details you added. A++ Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
    The Queen loves it.

    ReplyDelete