Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Noel

I hardly ever emboss anymore it seems... it is so pretty and perfect for Holiday cards. When I emboss I almost always use Versamark and an Embossing Powder of what color I need. I don't think it's better this way or or any other way, I think it's just what you start out doing and it becomes comfortable and sticks. The large poinsettia is one image, stamped multiple times to create my matching Poinsettia DP. I embossed with gold and colored the flowers with Copics. I trimmed against the edge of the flowers to create the edge. On the "Noel" I also did a second stamping to get a duplicate of the small flower to cut out that I could rotate and pop over the one in the "O". Obviously I am loving my new Nesties! The gold card stock I ran thru a Cuttlebug Folder for some dimension and that layer as well as the red are popped up with foam tape. Finishing bow and jewels. Done.
  • Stamps: All stamps by Repeat Impressions- Noel #2107-H, Poinsettia # 2012-H
  • Ink: Versamark and Detail Gold Embossing Powder
  • Paper: Green DP by Basic Grey 6x6 "Boxer", Riding Hood Red (SU), Neenah Classic Crest Ivory, Gold by DCWV
  • Other: Nesties, Copics, Corner Rounder, Misc. Ribbon, Jewels, Cuttlebug Folder

5 comments:

  1. Jenny love that card you do such nice work
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice holiday card. Love the colors, layers and the jewels! My Christmas cards this year feature an image stamped with Versamark and embossed with gold ep just like your Noel. It's a very elegant look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is GORGEOUS! what an elegant card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Love the papers!

    ReplyDelete