Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

Mr. Christmoose

Mr. Christmoose started with the glitzy Debbie Mumm holiday paper. I just love this stuff! The moose was stamped on Curious Cryogen, I airbrushed the background with a bright green Copic. I used a red Copic to make the border. I colored the moose with two different browns then used my blender pen to remove the color on his feet and lighten him up in places. I strung some beads on fishing line and tied those in with my bow. I fussed with this bow... usually easy peasy, but not this one. I glued the bow tails down in a way that the beads would not fall in front of the moose, which was easier said than done. I added Spica pens to the light bulbs and holly, then coated them with Crystal Lacquer, I also used crystal lacquer over the red scallop border. It helped tie it back in with the glittery and embossed DP background. I used a gold gel pen for the light cord and I used a clear glaze pen to outline the stamped image... to help him pop from the background. In the end I think he turned out pretty cute, for a moose! Here's a close up so you can see the detail a bit better, click on pic to enlarge. The finished card is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" Square.


Blog Candy is still up for grabs, tell your friends!
Visit the post Christmas Blog Candy for your chance to win a newly released Cat's Pajama's Stamp set. I'll draw a name Sunday night.

  • Stamps: All Stamps by Repeat Impressions- May all your dreams... #423-G, Merry Christmoose # 1016-I
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: DP by Debbie Mumm, Neenah Classic Crest Ivory, Misc. Green card stock, Brown DP is by The Paper Co "Ecorce" Autumn # 11003-099
  • Other: Misc. Red Satin Ribbon, Beads, Fishing Line, Nesties, Copics/Airbrushing, Crystal Lacquer, Spica Pens, Clear Glaze Pen, Green Crystal Gems, Foam Tape, Perfect Layers Rulers

3 comments:

  1. My goodness. What do you do when there's not a holiday around the corner? Speaking of which, didn't you just jump directly from Halloween to Christmas?? *lol* He is very cute. Another fantastic coloring job, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is so cute I love your coloring. I think I need to start collecting copics. I really like the beads too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! The bulbs look really tiny - how did you work with te Laqcquer to get them on there?

    ReplyDelete