Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Candy is Dandy!

I felt totally compelled to start making some doggie cards since so many comments were left by dog people on the blog candy post. I loved reading about every one's pets! This pooch is from one of the new Cat's Pajamas Holiday clear sets that was just released. It's a quickie and fun one to color and embellish with glitter and crystal lacquer. I masked the house and airbrushed the background, colored with Copics and went to town applying Spica, Glitter Glue and Crystal Lacquer! I put lacquer over the sentiment as well so it would look "sugar glazed". The little hanging ribbon beads don't look as good in the pic as IRL as they kind of blend in with the background paper... but they are cute swinging back and forth. I think this is the second dog card I have posted, so sorry dog lovers.... I vow to do better. woof. And to Sonia - sorry but I will not be making any ferret cards! Blog Candy is still active -- leave a comment on this post Christmas Blog Candy , if you have not already!
  • Stamps: All Stamps by The Cat's Pajamas
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Riding Hood Red
  • Paper: Both DP's are from Basic Grey's 6x6 "Offbeat", Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Misc. Brown, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110#
  • Other: Nesties, Copics/Airbrushing, Crystal Lacquer, Glitter Buttons, Dew Drops, Spicas, Brads, Misc. Dangling Beaded Ribbon, 1/8" Red Ribbon, Corner Rounder, Cuttlebug Folder, Green and Brown Micro Pens

5 comments:

  1. *giggles* What's wrong with ferrets?? Very cute card, as usual--and hey, I've been making bows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. Thanks for the opp. to win. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute. More yummy candy. I had to look close to see the beads hanging - you're right. I'm sure it's cool IRL. My current faves are "Noel", the "Blog Candy Tree" and "Peace, Love & Joy" .

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  4. The striped paper looks wonderful with the house. I had to look for the ribbon dangles too! Great DSP. Miriam

    ReplyDelete