Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Candy Canes

A little sugar for today's posting. The image was stamped in red, then I used a .005 Micro Pen to outline the candy canes in black and outlined the bow in black (over the red). The picture does not do the candy canes justice, I used a clear and red spica pen to add sparkle, then coated them with crystal lacquer and they look much better IRL. The bow I colored with Copics. I colored the border around the candy canes and used deckle edge scissors to trim the edge. This layout was born as a result of a cutting mistake... so my lazy self just went with it... and kept going. The large scallop border edge I made with just using one cutting side of a scallop nestie. Simple little card that came together quickly. Finished card size is an A2.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Repeat Impressions - Candy Canes # 903K, May Love and... #425-G
  • Ink: Riding Hood Red by SU
  • Paper: DP by SU, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Nesties, Cuttlebug Folder, Micro Pen, Spicas, Corner Rounder, Star Eyelets, Old Olive Poly Twill Ribbon by SU, Copics, Crystal Lacquer, Deckle Edge Scissors

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty....Spicas never show up as good in a photo as IRL! I just love those pens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, suuuuuuuuuuuuuugarrrrrr. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The candy canes do look yummy! The cutting mistake worked out well for you... I give up, what is it?

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete