Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

Potions and Spells

I'm gonna be sad when Halloween comes and goes, because I have had soooo much fun making Halloween cards. There were so many awesome images that came out this year, and they are just fun cards to make. I colored my image with Copics and used my Spica pens liberally over everything. On the crystal ball I used glitter glue -but it has very fine glitter, not the chunky stuff, same for the little dust coming out of the pouch. Then I used crystal lacquer over the glitter glue and it really looked like a crystal ball raised off the paper. The border I created by drawing the black lines and coloring with my Copics. I tried to mimic the color blocks on the pattern paper. The ribbon is two tone and I thought matched up pretty well with the colors on my card. I outlined the sentiment with an orange pen and added some little green crystals on either side. And my favorite touch.... the drippy punch. I thought you might could use this punch for icing on a cake slice or cupcake too. Click on the close up to see more detail. Finished card size is 5x5.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Lockhart- Potions and Spells, What's Cookin?
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: DP by Debbie Mumm, Grey, Mustard, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
  • Other: Nesties, Copics, Crystals, Crystal Lacquer, Misc Ribbon, Glitter Glue, Spicas, Martha Stewart Drippy Punch, Perfect Layers

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's like a multi-layered cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, you weren't kidding...I have to use my drippy punch this week. I thought it would make good icicles too! Multi-purpose right??? LOL! I love how you used this Debbee paper in your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this card is so wonderful!

    I saw the punch when it came out and couldn't think of a use. Leave it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Halloween cards, love the one below also . That punch is awesome and your right frosting on a cake would surely work fine. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Halloween cards! I like making Halloween cards, too. I just picked up a bunch of Halloween stamps, and I see more I'd like on your blog. Great addition of the border around the stamps -- it does go with the background quite well.

    ReplyDelete