Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Going Nuts.

What can I say. I got nothing. All I have made is trash! Colorful trash. I refuse to tell you how long I struggled to make this card. And now, as I am posting I realized the picture is crooked too, which makes it look like I could not even put the sentiment (totally appropriate sentiment) on straight. I wanted to use the owl with the fuzzy ribbon. I guess I did that, but don't really like this card. Also I wanted to use liquid applique on the Santa hat... but it has been MIA for about a week now. I'm sure it is staring me right in the face in my craft room--but I can't find it. I finally gave up looking so I didn't end up in the real Nut House. I used liquid pearls to add a little puff to the hat trim and the snowflakes. I printed out some sketches and challenges and am going back in, clearing off my desk and starting fresh. I am determined to crank some cards out this weekend! I have both days free to stamp. Wish me luck. Should I make something worthy, I'll come back and share.
  • Stamps: Owl #3906H by Penny Black, Sentiment #C-13 by Simply Stamped
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Riding Hood Red, Copics
  • Paper: Riding Hood Red, Bazzill Brown, Neenah Classic Solar White
  • Other: Misc. Fuzzy Ribbon, Liquid Pearls, Snowflake Punch, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Folder, Brads

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, 2 days to stamp!! Hope your muse keeps up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you've had such a frustrating day - I can relate. For what it's worth, I think you did a great job on the owl and your shading is terrific. And great sub with the liquid pearls. I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't find what I need half the time.

    Anyway, wishing you better luck on the rest of the ones you tackle, but this one is pretty cute IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love, your owl card...I think it rocks!

    Sonya

    ReplyDelete