Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fall Sunflowers


OK- This is my entry for "The Color of Fall" contest by CutCardstock.com . So wish me luck. The image is stamped on Curious Cryogen White-- which I've talked about before and Cutcardstock.com is the source of said card stock. This paper has a beautiful shimmer to it which is seen even through the Copics! I love it. My blogger friend Sandy Hulsart introduced me to it, she uses it exclusively with Copic markers for amazing stamped scenes she creates.
The image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and I airbrushed a little tan color around to take the whiteness away. Colored in with Copics. Of course I added Spicas to the sunflowers. I used a yellow marker to highlight the text as it looked to plain after I was done coloring the image. I used my Abstract Nesties to cut the frames out... Highlighting a little gold touch in two of the corners. I love these little gold half pearls I stuck on the corners.... I'm sure I'll be sticking them on everything to come for a while.
  • Stamps: Sunflowers by Great Impressions
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: Curios Cryogen White, Rust Crinkle paper by The Paper Company "Autumn" # 11003-099, Card Base is Two Tones "Sugar Cookie" by Paper Adventures, DP is by SU
  • Other: Nesties, Copics/ABS, Misc. Ribbon, Gold Eyelet, Gold Pearls, Spicas

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is so cool! Good luck. These colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Jenny. So glad you joined the contest. This sure looks like a winner to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so pretty! I hope you win, your card is gorgeous! (As usual) Love all the extra details...


    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Jenny. Perfect for a contest!! Miriam

    ReplyDelete