Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Winter Kitty

This kitty card is for the Limited Supplies Challenge LSC187 : Holly Jolly Critters. A cat is not really a critter to me, but it qualified as per the instructions. The challenge was to use any animal in a Christmas theme. The only restriction was that you could use ribbon, but no other embellishments. So I had to "fuss" my kitty up to compensate, putting him in multiple frames! I stamped on Solar White and colored him with Copics, paper piecing his hat and scarf. Then I decided it looked too white - so I whipped out my airbrush and fixed it so the background was more suited to the DP. I masked the kitty and airbrushed using my "Putty" Copic marker, then I cut a smaller oval to overlay to and airbrushed some more to get the darker edge. Um.. I would totally recommend the Airbrush System, I love it. I added some red dots along the edge and used my screw punch for the 1/16"holes. I used a clear glaze pen to go over his hat, scarf and nose and whiskers and around the edge over the red dots. The kitty sits down inside the oval frame actually on the base of the card. Finished card size is A2.
  • Stamps: Winter Kitty by Hero Arts #E4841, Meowy Christmas by The Cat's Pajamas # C-S3134
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: DP by Bo Bunny Press "Cherry Pie Stripe", Red DP by Debbie Mumm, Green Bazzill, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White (for image)
  • Other: Copics & Airbrush, Nesties, Screw Punch, Perfect Layers, Misc. White Ribbon

4 comments:

  1. Very cute Christmas kitty. Love your airbrushing and the border on the scallops of the kitty layer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you get the airbrushing to not go outside the borders? Love your ribbon work, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Kitty! Love the airbrushing and red dots on the scalloped border. Lots of nice details.

    ReplyDelete