Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sugared Sunflower

This card came together very quickly. The starting point was the DP by Debbie Mumm and the little sparkly sunflowers on it. I stamped my sunflower in Memento Rich Cocoa and used my Copics to color, I colored the edges brown and used a nestie to cut out my square. I coated with a layer of Sugar Beads... love using something that I have not used in a while. I used the Weathered (SU) background on some layers and others I doodled around the edges to fill it in, with the busy DP the plain paper looked just that- plain! Finished card is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".
  • Stamps: Sunflower Block by Rubber Stampede, Sentiment by A Muse, Weathered Background Stamp by SU
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copics, Fine Tip Brown Pen
  • Paper: DP by Debbie Mumm, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White (stamped the sunflower on that), Misc Yellow, Brown and Rust Card Stock
  • Other: nesties, Misc Ribbon, Pearls by Kaiser, Copper Eyelet, Photo Corner Punch from SU, Sugar Beads

2 comments:

  1. Love it all! That yellow paper in the background really lightens it up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layered scallops around the focal image - very pretty! I like the "sugared" image, too. I have some of those little beads, but I've never used 'em (keep forgetting I even have them!) Maybe I should dig them out...

    ReplyDelete