Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

Sugar and Shine: Part 2

Is this penguin not ADORABLE!

He was pretty easy to color, hehhee. I used my Copics then I used Spica Red and Clear Pens over the little hat and candy cane that's the sugar part... and I crystal lacquered everything for the shine... I'm sure by now you realize I do not put my stamping stuff away after each card and tend to use what is still in arm's reach. I cut Mr. Penguin out and popped him too. Oh and around the edges of the penguin I added some little fur wisps... he looked a little blobby around the edges and I thought needed some xtra detail. The B&W paper I dressed up with those teeny weensy little silver dots... "Diamond Dots" from Stampendous... I love them as they add just enough to catch they eye-- but let me tell you they drove me nuts trying to put them on, and I'm sure there at least five embedded in the carpet... forever to stay there. The sentiment is from a Stampendous Holiday Clear Set -- I thought it was perfect. I tied a double bow, then I tied a knot around the middle of that giving me the two extra tails. I think everything else is pretty self explanatory. Here's a close up so you can see the detail for those picky little detail people like ME! You can click on to enlarge. Black, White and Red as a color combo is a big fav of mine--- it always works. Oh and you know what-- I also do not like candy canes.

Big THANKS to those that leave a comment-- I love reading them and it sure helps the "I need to post something motivation factor" Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and comment... very much appreciated.
  • Stamps: Penguin by Art Impressions, Sentiment by Stampendous
  • Ink: India Black Ink, Copics, Riding Hood Red, Fine tip Black Pen, Spicas
  • Paper: Black and White Prints, Riding Hood Red, Neenah Classic Solar White, Black Matte Cardstock, Vellum
  • Other: Diamond Dots, Crystal Lacquer, Perfect Layers, Nesties, 1/4" Red Edged Ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch, White Sticky Dots, CB Folder

4 comments:

  1. ACK a christmas sighting already!!! ACKDOUBLEACK!

    (but he's way cute, and that card is super)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute! Adorable is right! Yummy looking candy. I love how you often post a close-up shot for us to check out all the details and layers. Those diamond dots sure are tiny...

    Sue P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute...candy looks good enough to eat (but i am not about to try and get it away from him!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! I always look forward to your posts. You have such wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete