Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

Scaredy CAT

I was over due for a cat card.... So here is a SCAREDY CAT. I stamped in Black, then used my black Spica to glitz kitty up a bit, then some tiny little silver dots for eyes, then a coating of Crystal Lacquer. See the frayed edge of ribbon next to the sentiment-- that's cause my ribbon would not fit through that side of the eyelet- so I stopped messing with it and left it! The ribbon ties I created by putting a snip of ribbon in between the posts of the brad then expanding them on the back as you normally would. The bats I stamped randomly on the base of the card. Cuttlebug embossing folder for the texture.

  • Stamps: All Stamps by Repeat Impressions Black Cat #2322-G, Bats 2308-E, Sentiment "Jack-o-Lanterns... #2304-I
  • Paper: Tangerine Tango, White, Black
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Other: Nesties, Orange Marker, Orange Brads, Eyelets, Japanese Screw Punch, Misc Ribbon, Cuttlebug, Mini Silver Dots (eyes) from Stampendous

4 comments:

  1. Did I ever mention that I just love what you do with ribbons, too? Well, here's me mentioning. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - love the kitty and the ribbons. There's some ribbon in your next kit that is going to be great with that bat stamp, so keep it handy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this card! I agree with Heather about how you use ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jenny, this is too cute. What a great use for the bats. I will have to get busy, my stamps just came in. Love the ribbons and the scalloped oval panels. They are perfect for this design.

    ReplyDelete