Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Purple Paper Pieced Pumpkin


TO give credit where due - the inspiration for paper piecing this pumpkin came from my friend Miriam who did some fab pumpkin cards this past weekend... so I took the idea and ran.... right in to my stamp room to copy-cat her! Wanna see her cards.... Click here to go to Miriam's gallery on SCS which is full of fantastic cards!
Now on to MY card now....The pumpkins are from the Inkadinkadoo Fall/Halloween Clear Set. So impressed with Inkadinkadoo's clear products, they really stamp nicely for me. You know what I did to the center pumpkin and the others are colored with Copics. Then I shined them up with some crystal lacquer, spica and glaze pen on the little swirly parts too. The circles are all nesties and popped up twice. Had to make another double bow. The DP is all from Pinecone Press. TIP: On the black swirls of the DP I used a clear glaze pen to trace the outline of each black swirl -- when you look at it (IRL of course) it gives the impression that the swirls are raised off the paper a bit. Added a few dew drops in the lower left corner... DONE. Here's a close up should you want a better look, just click on it.
  • Stamps: Inkadinkadoo Pumpkins (Clear)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Paper: White, Black, all DP by Pinecone Press
  • Other: Copics, Spicas, Nesties, Dew Drops, Misc Ribbon, Glaze pen, Crystal Lacquer

3 comments:

  1. Loooove that purple to orange fade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Love all the shiny bits! I keep forgetting to pull out my glaze pens... Can't wait to see it IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny! Beautiful stuff (as always!) Do you think you might consider a tutorial on your oh-too-cool double bows? I tried, but - alas! - not so successfully... Thanks, chica!

    ReplyDelete