Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pumpkin Path


I think this little wagon of pumpkins is darling... The pumpkins I colored with Copics, and after that the card becomes about layers on layers of layers... 9 of them-- which puts some weight on an A2 size card! I love quotes and sentiments and thought this quote paired well with my wagon. In the end I liked the card, but still feel it's not quite balanced in some way... but what else could I add?
  • Stamps: #c5160 Gentle Path by Impression Obsession, #5008 Pumpkin Wagon by Lockhart
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Versafine Onyx Black, Copics
  • Paper: Mango Orange by Worldwin, Slim Jim Green #CSP000115 by Cosmo Cricket, White, Brown
  • Other: Misc Ribbon, Nesties, Brads, Half Pearls, Perfect Layers

6 comments:

  1. I don't know about balance, but this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! No need for anything else!! This is a great fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of see what you mean about the balance (though it's a perfectly cute card as is!). My eye is continually drawn to the pumpkins because of the white in there. Perhaps tone that down so it's more of the same value as the rest of the card? Or, add some light stuff to the quote somehow, to draw the eye back down. As it is, with the brads, you have the eye going from bow to pumpkins and sliding right down that vertical to the brads... but kind of missing the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic coloring job! You've inspired me to color my pumpkin wagon. M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Jenny. I think I would move the 3 vertical white pearls over to the left horizontally on the bottom of the green panel with the saying. I think the right bottom is too cluttered and the left bottom is too bare. Maybe that would help balance it out. I think the white around the pumpkins is fine, as you have white panels in the card itself. Either way, it is an adorable design and very well colored.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny. Thanks for your comments on my blog...hey, nobody has to draw...there are always stamps!!! You do a wonderful job with those! I think this card is beautiful and perhaps has already been over analyzed...I like the white behind the pumpkins and I think it does lead your eye to the verse. If I were going to change anything, I would not use the pearls...not because I think that corner is too crowded, but because pearls are dressy (to me) and the card is rustic. I love the way the ribbon matches the pumpkins and cart...reminds me of the Spellbinders cart. You do a great job with your blog!!

    ReplyDelete