Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Poinsettia

I am loving my Copic Airbrush and this was the second card I made using it. The green swirls were created with a brass stencil as a mask and then airbrushed, while the stencil was still taped down I outlined the swirls with a Micro Pen to help define the edges. The Poinsettia I stamped three times and cut out then airbrushed it as well, it looks all the same color in the pic, but IRL you can see highlights and darker portions in the red leaves. The pic did not come out as nice as I would have liked. The ribbon is silver and gold and I did the same with my embossing on the bottom, using silver and gold powders. IRL and in the light it looks more cohesive than it does here. The ribbon edge is also behind the sentiment which brings the shine to the bottom of the card too, like I said not a good pic.

Be sure and check back on Wednesday I have some fun news to share! Ahhhh.... the suspense!
  • Stamps: All by Repeat Impressions: Poinsettia #2012-H, Peace, Love, Joy #406-H
  • Paper: Neenah Classic Solar White, Riding Hood Red, DP by SU, Black, Olive
  • Ink: Versamark with Gold and Silver EP, Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Other: Nesties, Ticket Corner Punch, Crystals, Stickles, Brass Stencil, Copics, Misc Ribbon

9 comments:

  1. What a card! I love the green stenciling, the ribbon through the eyelets, the poinsettia...the whole card is gorgeous! Can tell you're lovin' your airbrusher! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love the design of the stencil! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! That background is just perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you don't mind my leaving a comment. Just wanted to say that I think your card is beautiful. Love the poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to use the airbrush with the brass stencils - I'll have to pull some out, especially since I never use them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, love it, love it! The stencil background, the airbrushing, the ribbons, using two colors of embossing powder to mimic the ribbons... The poinsettia is beautiful, too.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use your brass stencil to airbrush through! I have tons of those, and now I have a new trick to do with them - thanks! Beautiful card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! That's gorgeous! I just stopped by to see your Swanky card from CP. I feel a "bookmark" coming on!!

    ReplyDelete