Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oh, Scarecrow!

Still doing fall cards here... not a leaf has turned in my yard yet... but when they start I'll be ready! This was for the OCC Sketch Challenge today...but it didn't quite turn out the way the sketch was supposed to be-- must print out the sketch! Anyway, I paper pieced the scarecrow's overalls and colored the rest with my Copics. A while back I had purchased some "rusty" wire... assuming it was faux rust... So I thought I would dig it out and use it with my scarecrow... Um...it is real rusted wire. Real RUST... I have left enough things outside in the rain, I know how to make rust. I paid money for rusty wire. I had rust dust everywhere. The brown panel also has vertical embossed lines I created with my Scor-Pal, but they don't really show in the picture.

Stamps: All Stamps by Repeat Impressions Scarecrow and Friend #3309-K, Pumpkin Day #2312-I
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Versafine Brown
Paper: Bazzill Brown, White, all other paper is by Debbie Mumm
Other: Nesties, Rusty Wire

8 comments:

  1. Your scarecrow is adorable and I love the rusty wire. Very nice Fall card - Wendy will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous image Jenny! Love your card with all the curly wire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those colors are gorgeous! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, rusty wire, heh? Looks great the way you curled it. Love the colors you used.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you used the debbie mum paper! Super layout and layers!! miriam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm giggling at the real rust... cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is some fanstastic coloring, Jenny!! Sorry for the rusty wire (but it looks great on this card). So glad you could play along with the OCC this week!

    ReplyDelete