Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

Little Broom

After my last card .. I felt the need to tone it down a bit. Sharon's Friday Challenge was Cute and Classy today, to use a cute stamp and dress it up. I used one stamp only... this cute little broom by Lockhart. I colored the broom using my Copics, and then I used Adirondack's Dimensional Pearls on the sweeper part by adding a few drops then using a toothpick to drag it out. I tried to take a close up picture for you to see, click on it to see more detail. I sponged a little Kiwi Kiss around to take away the bright white. Then the rest of the card is all about the paper from Wild Asparagus. The corners were made by using a circle punch to punch out a rounded wedge shape... and the lower left is cRoOkeD, I know -- I fixed it after the photo shoot. I don't know if the finished card is classy--but how but classic with the stripes and having the center panel appear mounted.
Husband just walked in-- so I'll share his comments with you...
The Broom card: "Kinda weird cause the stripes are going different ways".... I didn't tell him this was intentional!
The Black and White Mess in my last post: "That's cool".
  • Stamps: Broom by Lockhart
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Kiwi Kiss
  • Paper: DP by WIld Asparagus "Brother's" Stripe/ Orange #WA4048, Kiwi Kiss, Bazzill Brown, Neenah Classic Solar White
  • Other: Nesties, Hemp Twine, AdirondackDimensional Pearls "Mushroom", Jewels by Kaiser

3 comments:

  1. I never would have thought dimensional pearls would make a broom look so life like. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally cute! love all the hemp ties!!! beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Astonishing!! So creative, you are.

    ReplyDelete