Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Judith's Flowers

Nothing Halloween is on this card. Did you fall out of your chair? I know a little overload with Halloween - but I can't help it, I bought a lot and the stamps are so darn cute.
This card was an attempt to create a "water-colored effect" using my Copics. I used my greys to blur the colors together and "up-stroked" my marker tip with to create the grass. I used about a million different colors of Copics. I did not use a Nestie on this card either... surely you fell out of your chair on that one! I tore the flower panel and edged with grey then black, letting it bleed in to the torn edge. Tore a pink mat around it. Then Vellum. The white design underneath is die-cut paper, cut down to fit my card. Final card size is A2.
I think this card is kinda funny -- because it is so "girly"... and completely does not look like something I would do... but I did. And how 'bout that triple pink bow--- really not me!
  • Stamps: Flower & Jug, Stamps by Judith
  • Ink: India Black Ink, Copics
  • Paper: White, Grey, Pink, Vellum, White Die Cut Cardstock
  • Other: Misc Ribbon, 3 white sticky dots

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you stamped and used this image. I am beginning to think I shouldn't have bought it. I've only made 2 cards with it, so yours makes 3!
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the central torn mats--very unique! What does "up-stroking" a marker do/mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, nice, nice. But what else would we expect from you?
    Loves from the Queen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the green you used - so soft...

    ReplyDelete