Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Jail Birds

So these little Jailbirds are for the OCC Challenge this weekend, which is to make a funny card. You can find the challenge details here. I think these Jailbirds qualify. I stamped and colored them with Copics, shadowing around the outside of the birds with my N0 Grey marker. I didn't want to put a bow on these guys... they are jailbirds right?-- not foo foo fancy birds, but of course I could not resist using my Spicas all over them. You can click on the picture to enlarge and see all the glitz and glitter! To create the scalloped edge on the bottom I inserted my paper through the middle of a long nestie cutting only one edge. Then used my Screw Punch to make the holes for the black twine (much more suited for this card than a cutesy bow!). Both the oval and DP panel are "popped". Yes, this card is seriously bright!
  • Stamps: Jailbird Halloween (Inkadinkadoo #98704)
  • Paper: DP by Pinecone Press "Jack-O-Lantern" #PP5105, Black, White
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Spica Yellow and Black
  • Other: Nesties, Japanese Screw Punch, Black Twine, Brads, Dew Drops

4 comments:

  1. *giggles* These are so funny, especially with all the glitz and glitter! Nothing like a glam jailbird hovering over the spirit of Halloween... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat card Jenny, Love it all the glitz and color combo makes for a perfect Halloween card!

    Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how funny!! Love this! So glad you could play in the OCC challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete