Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Golden Leaves


NO Copics! Can you believe it! This is very representative of cards I made pre-Copic! I embossed most of my images and used layers and paper to build my cards. I created this for Sharon's Friday Challenge Stamp Simply #52 — Cuddle up with Tammy! which was to make a "warm feeling" card, these colors are earthy and warm to me. I used leaf pattern paper by Debbie Mumm and embossed my panel type stamps with Versamark and Gold Detail EP. I used a fine tip brown marker to go around the edge of the embossing to help it stand out from the busy background. The stamp and paper being as bold as it was I just wanted some simple accents and kept the sentiment simple as well. I used my Hounds Tooth CB folder for the base panel, which I think also gives a warm feeling.
  • Stamps: All stamps by Repeat Impressions #6002 Foiliage Positive, #4009-G In all Things...
  • Ink: Versamark and Gold Detail EP, Fine Tip Brown Pen
  • Paper: DP by Debbie Mumm, Gold, Caramel and Brown Card Stock
  • Other: Nesties, Misc. Gold Cord, 1/16" Gold Eyelets, CB Folder

4 comments:

  1. Adding the brown edging around the embossing really makes it pop! Beautful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, this is really gorgeous. You just have the best ideas for embellishment--love that gold rope with the eyelets! Great choice of colors all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KKJenny, I just LOVE this one. Of course, I love all of yours, but this is very unique. Loves from the Queen

    ReplyDelete