Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Foiled!

Before I blab about the card...On Friday my Copic Airbrush system should be arriving via UPS. Mr. Brown don't let me down! So here I sit grinning like a fool in anticipation. So soon you will see some airbrushing.... well, provided I can get the hang of it and have something worthy to post!
Now to the card... This is one large stamp by Impression Obsession, (another favorite stamp company of mine-- again fab animal images with great detail) and I used a stamp positioner to get my "three" parts stamped differently, this is stamped on White Glossy paper. First, I stamped the cat image using Versafine Onyx Black. Then I used Marvy markers to color directly on the rubber and stamped the pine branch. Last, I used my Pallete Glue pad to stamp the ornament... I then pressed foil flakes over the "sticky" and after pressing repeatedly I used a stiff bristle brush to take away the excess foil. I love that it is fairly simple stamping wise and then the foil image really grabs the eye. I layered with Copper and Gold card stock to pick up the ornament colors. Click on the close up to see detail, it does stand out on the card nicely IRL. This Kat is off to bed now to dream about my airbrush system, and since I still have not found a Copic Sugar Daddy I had to pay for it myself.
  • Stamp: Cat and Ornament by Impression Obsession
  • Ink: Marvy Markers, Versafine Onyx Black, Pallete Glue Pad
  • Paper: White Glossy, Copper, Gold, Hunter Green
  • Other: Foil Flakes, Perfect Layers

4 comments:

  1. Arghhhhhhh!!! I am SO envious!!! I can't wait for you to teach us all by proxy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and what a cool snowball! I thought it was a photo, and couldn't understand why some of the background was showing through... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Great cat! Thanks for reminding me about using foil flakes - I'll have to get mine out and play.

    Really nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love that there's always another technique up your sleeve for you to share with us. I'm excited for you about the airbrush! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete