Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Cutie Pie Scarecrow

I know I have posted this little guy before, he's so cute I had to use him again. And I'm calling him Cutie Pie because I used Spica Gold all over his overalls. My husband would say "why do that??" I would then reply because I can! I glitzed up Mr. Crow too with some Spica Black! The Debbie Mumm DP is all sparkly so I had to compete! I colored the image with Copics. I used my Nestie frame to double emboss around the edges, and one lightly penned inner frame. The sentiment I stamped twice to get two different pieces. The ribbon is FELT.... I hate felt. I do not like the way it feels to the touch. I know, I'm a weirdo. But really I don't like it and I am unhappy that it seems to be popular on cards and paper crafting lately. I guess I'll live. I touched the felt, which I must say fit with my card very well, but I did not like it. And the felt came in a trio of ribbons-- I wanted the other. The tag that the felt runs through is from Spellbinders. I tried to take a picture so you could see the glitz and glamour of the coveralls. Click to see better detail.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Repeat Impressions- Scarecrow and Friend # 3309-K, Happy Thanksgiving #1140-E
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, White, DP is Debbie Mumm
  • Ink: Versamark and White EP, Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip
  • Other: Nesties, Hemp Twine, Corner Brad, FELT ribbon

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I give in. He is cute. Great job on the coloring and glitter. Perfect with the DM paper!
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cute stamp! Love the hemp tie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutie Pie, indeed! Love it! The double embossing is neat, as is the bow. The close up is very helpful for viewing all the special details you always add.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete