Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Witchy Brew


Toil and Trouble,
watch the witch bubble....
I know, I'm not funny. This is a medley and mixture of assorted stamps. I have never really "scene stamped" and I don't know that this really qualifies as that, but I had fun putting all these images together. I put the witch in the pot because I didn't have any other witchy images that would "work" as an add on. I stamped the cauldron first and it it looked so bare... that's where the other stamps came in to play. So first the cauldron and frog, then I used Lockhart's Witch Legs by using a marker to ink up just leg portion of the stamp, last came Blackie the Kitty, love this kitty image by Inkadinkadoo. He fit just perfectly in the picture. The kitty is a solid stamp and on all the other images I used Copics to color.
The background panel is black card stock then I glued torn pattern paper randomly and used my Nesties to cut out a frame, this Nestie is from Spellbinder's Geometric Collection and I think is called Abstract. Once I cut out the frame I used the edge of the die to make the little white stitch lines, and filled in with black dots in between. On each layer of the mats I used my Copic Black along the edge and let it bleed in to the paper a bit for a rough black edge. A little ribbon and bling in the bottom corner, and of course I could not resist using Spica's all over this. I tried to take a picture to show the glitzy cat but of course it does not show up like I want it to... so as usual I'll tell you ... IRL it does looks pretty sparkly! When I showed my husband he said the Frog pushed Witchy in the pot, but I feel sure it was the cat.
  • Stamps: Cat by Inkadinkadoo, Cauldron and Frog by SU from Haunting Halloween, Witches Legs by Lockhart, Ghoulish Greetings by Amuse
  • Ink: Memento Black, Copics, Spicas, White Signo Gel Pen
  • Paper: DP by My Mind's Eye, Kiwi Kiss, Black, White
  • Other: Olive Poly Twill Ribbon, 3 little crystals, Perfect layers, Nesties

5 comments:

  1. *lol* I love it! Another awesome Jenny composition, and perfectly executed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious!!! I busted out over this one!!! Love it!
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic---great paper with teh adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Great use of stamps, the abstract die and copics...I love Halloween and this makes me want to get started with my Halloween cards!
    Holly
    www.todayscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay Jenny I'm hooked!!! Thanks for visiting my site -I am signing up to get auto updates of your side.... Love your cards and your attention to details!

    Hope you are having a great Labor Day (I am recovering from having a huge picnic at my house yesterday - my and my kitty are blog hoppin!!!)

    KAT

    ReplyDelete