Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

Sweet Stork


I have seen soooo many cards made with this little Gina K stork image... I feel sure this stork has traveled the world and back on handmade cards. It's just the sweetest little stork. And I know storks are usually white, but sometimes animals need to change colors a bit for artistic card making purposes. So I colored stork and baby with my Copics. For the little baby blankie, I colored with Copics and then added some white dots and outlined them with a fine tip green pen. If you read my wordy blog posts then you know how I made the frame around the oval image. You can click on the pictures to see a larger picture. The frame is quick and easy using nesties, Copics and a fine tip black pen.... this frame making is endless with me, I know. I just can't stop. It's like the ticket corner punch... sometimes I just have to put it out of sight otherwise I will ticket corner every piece of paper in sight. The ribbon is SU's white taffeta ribbon, which I think is my all time fav for bow tying, very easy to work with and mush up as needed to get the just right bow. And this is a very simple card... one nestie layer around the edge and one white layer around the edge...which I roughed up with the edge of my scissors... why did I rough it up you ask... well if you read my wordy wordy posts, then you will know this is my quickie fix if I'm not quite straight!
So my sweet little gender neutral baby card is all ready to fly....


  • Stamps: Gina K's Stork and Baby
  • Ink: India Black Ink, Copic Markers
  • Paper: DP is Basic Grey, So Saffron (SU), White
  • Other: White Taffeta Ribbon by SU, Perfect Layers, Nesties, Half Pearls, Ticket Corner Punch

2 comments:

  1. I just *love* your coloring style! You always have the best ideas--it never would have occured to me in a million years to put that green around the white dots, and it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Jenny. Love the color combination and your coloring. Great job.

    ReplyDelete