Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sugar and Shine


OK--how many Halloween cards am I gonna make? There are more coming. Last year I had to go borrow candy from my neighbor because I forgot to buy some. So Halloween is not some big "to do" at my house, as all these cards seem to suggest. There were so many cute stamps out there this year... I couldn't resist indulging my stamping sweet tooth... not sure who I'm sending all these cards to! I just wanted to color these apples ASAP when I saw this stamp. So I did. Colored 'em right up with my Copics... and sadly no one has responded to my plea for free Copics in my last post. Unbelievable. Anyhooo I colored my apples, then used Spica's all over them and glittered them good, then I glazed them with some Crystal Lacquer. You know what I love about Spicas... first the glitter does not rub away and second you can put Crystal Lacquer over the Spica and you can still see the glitter and it stays where you put it... meaning it does not float around in the wet lacquer. I created my strange retro looking frame by using my Copics and doodling with a fine tip black pen. I made some teeny bows to dress my apples up. The sentiment is a portion of a Lockhart stamp, I just used a marker to ink the words I wanted to use and edged it with an orange marker. The background I embossed with my new Spider Web CB folder. Finished card is an A2.
I took a close up, trying to show you the glitter and shine, click on the pic to enlarge and see details...
The funny thing about this little card...
I don't even like Candy Apples.
  • Stamps: Candy Apples by Impression Obsession, Happy Halloweenie by Lockhat
  • Paper: Bazzill Orange and Brown, Misc. Kraft card stock, Neenah Classic Solar White
  • Ink: Memento black, Fine Tip Black Pen, Copics, Spicas
  • Other: Misc. Ribbon, Nesties, CB Spiderweb Folder

3 comments:

  1. Jenny this card is awesome. I love all the detail you put into it. The apples look so scrumptious. Your color choices are just perfect. From looking at this you don't need anymore Copic markers . You have all you need to make these apples come alive.I will take the card!
    I must confess though I too am not a huge fan of Candied Apples.

    Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...I love doing Halloween cards!!! Too bad no one came through with the Copics, but if anyone does, I want some too!!
    I do love a good candied (or caramel) apples...so many great treats in autumn!
    Happy Labor Day,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny - these look good enough to eat!!! Love the crystal effects and spica that you added to the apples!

    Laught because you have KAT in your blog name also!

    thanks for the visit to Kattoys!

    Now I going to check out more of your stuff!!!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete