Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Repeat Dragonfly

I liked coloring this image as it has lots of lines to play with inside the wings. I know strange color choices again.... what can I say. I used Copics to color the wings, then I cut out the oval with my Nesties. On the wings I wanted a more muted look so I used my Copic N0 to go over everything instead of the blender. This helped tone the colors down and blend them together at the same time. And then my little border was made by drawing a thin black circle around the inside of the Nestie frame while the image was still snug inside. I used the same Copic colors and drew rough stripes, then went over it with the Copic N0, just like I used it on the wings. It looked a little lacking so I added some thin little black stripes too. I repeated the dragonfly image on the dark green card stock, then created a square opening to the card base, and also cut out the oval along the bottom edge. The sentiment is stamped on white on the next layer down. I used my perfect layers to do a 1/16" white edge along the sides and then attached to my card base.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Repeat Impressions
  • Paper: Misc. Green and Moss card stock, White
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Copics: BG39, YG95, Y23, N0, N3, E15
  • Other: Nesties, Perfect Layers, Fine Tip Black Pen

6 comments:

  1. Jenny, I don't think these are strange colors, I think they are perfect for the tone of the card. Wonderful coloring with your Copics. Beautiful card with a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Great colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Jenny. Love the border on the dragonfly oval. You're too clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is striking! Fabulous choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card. The colors are perfect! Love the openings to the different layers. I'm going to try to use this idea next time I have some creative time. (Notice I said TRY)

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jenny...this is marvelous and i relaly like the color choices, it looks very natural. And like stained glass. I was hoping to get this stamp in my bunch...guess I'll need to order it b/c it is just too lovely.

    ReplyDelete