Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Pink Camouflage Flowers


So you know I have to fuss with the outline on my Nesties by now... just have to use that nice framed edge. I stopped doodling around them because my doodles were never straight enough for me, Markie's Mom pretty much has the corner on small dots, My last few posts were big polka dots and some stripe lines...
so on this card I thought OK... I'll just do some rough stripes with my Copics. After I did them all I could think was it looked like a girly camouflage print! I'm posting it anyway. After I used my Copics to make the border I ran the blender pen over it once just to take the hard edge of the colors. I know I just did a post with this stamp a week or so ago, but I liked coloring the flowers with my Copics. So here it is again. And really this is a simple card (yes it is, Heather!!). The vase is paper pieced from Artic Frog striped paper, I used my brown marker to blur the edge of the stripe, why?... well because my line on the paper piece was not straight, and then repeated the blurry striped line on the bottom too. To create the scallops on the bottom I used my Nesties (long rectangles) and inserted the card through the midddle of the Nestie only cutting one edge. It does look like Girly Camo around the frame edge, doesn't it?! The pink is one of the new In Colors from SU, Pink Pirouette. I think it's just right for pink, not too bright. Also I'm having fun playing with all my new Cuttlebug folders and I love the little mini strip folders and have been using them on the inside of my cards as a quick add on, also you can slip them inside an envelope and emboss a line down the left or right side for a little extra.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Repeat Impressions
  • Ink: Versafine Black, Copic Markers
  • Paper: DP Artic Frog, SU Pink Pirouette, Misc. Green and Brown Cardstock
  • Other: Nesties, Cuttlebug Strip Folders, Perfect Layers

1 comment:

  1. GREAT job with your Copics, Jenny, and perfect detils in your layout as well!

    ReplyDelete