Pages

Friday, August 8, 2008

No Sissies!

Sharon's challenge today was to use something OLD. Stamp Simply #47 - Something Old. Well she meant an old stamp, dust it off and ink it up... that forgotten rubber we all have. I used stamps that referenced OLD. Sharon's pretty loose with interpreting her challenges so I think she'll let me slide!
The background is stamped on some of my all time fav DP this Granite/Grey looking paper is from the The Attic Collection by Rebecca Sower. Don't know if it's still around, but I love it and bought a good stash. I love mixing it in with black and white images. The photo of the old men is a stamped image by Repeat Impressions. Sometimes I can get a little fussy with photo image stamps not being "perfect". This one I think did pretty darn good. And this image fit perfect in one of the long oval Nesties... PERFECT.... I love it when it just all works! The sentiment, yes another saying that cracks me up... No sissies... heehheeee! The white corners were stamped with the same background stamp as I used on the Rebecca Sower paper and I just tore pieces and overlapped them to liven it up with some white. I roughed up the red edges "old man style" using my scissors. The red frame I ran through what is my new favorite CB folder! The red paper --- New SU In Color... Riding Hood Red.
It's rare I post a challenge card on the day the challenge was issued... so I'm patting myself on the back! I think I deserve some new stamps as a reward.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by Repeat Impressions
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx
  • Paper: SU Riding Hood Red, White, Black, DP by Rebecca Sower
  • Other: Nesties, Perfect Layers, Cuttlebug Folder, 1/4" Sheer Black Ribbon, Silver Square Brads, Fine Tip Black Pen

1 comment:

  1. Love this -- very cool!!! Reminds me that I have an entire 8.5 x 11 sheet of these type of vintage images of people -- and I agree - it is often difficult to get a good image -- I have wasted many a sheet of paper -- but gee, you make me want to try again -- this is great!!! So glad you could play -- thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete