Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mittens and more of the same...

Does this look like my last post... I don't like doing the same card more than once, but I don't mind using the same supplies and mixing it up. Of course being the lazy stamper I am, all of the last card's materials never got put away so I kept it going. I have to say this is the first year (despite the best intentions every year) that I have actually made Holiday cards before the month of December. So this card is SIMPLE, but I like the non-traditional colors. I stamped in Memento's Rich Cocoa... have I mentioned that I am so impressed with this ink. I think I have but really if you use Copics it is a must have. Little mittens colored with my Copics and I wanted to keep it a little shabby looking so I added no sparkle. See the little border on my circle I just used my Copics and drew some lines to decorate the edge. The ribbon actually had white criss-cross lines but I took my Copics to that as well. It is cheapy ribbon and it's the first time this ever happened to me... After I colored with my Copics it turned stiff as a stick! Wierd. Anyway so it's a stiff little stick type bow... hope it doesn't crack by the time Winter comes! The blue dot paper is Baja Breeze and a NEW cuttlebug folder.... I love the open area for the sentiment-- this is part of the cuttlebug folder, not by my design. I stamped the sentiment then put it in the folder to make sure I had it lined up well. I'll do anything to avoid pulling out the stamp positioner. I edged the blue piece with a cat's eye vanilla to soften the edge a bit. Also on the sentiment I used a light copic blue to kind of shadow the sentiment, probably hard to see in the pic, but of course you can see it in IRL! For a quick card I sure blabbered on a lot about it... maybe I should re-name my blog Chatty Kat. Does anyone read this far?
  • Stamps: Sentiment/Endless Creations, Mittens by TCP
  • Ink: Memento RIch Cocoa, Cat's Eyes Vanilla and Chestnut Brown
  • Paper: Baja Breeze, Vanilla, Vanilla DP by K & Co, Brown and Green DP by My Mind's Eye
  • Other: Cuttlebug Folder, Nesties, Copics, American Craft Ribbon, Perfect Layers

5 comments:

  1. Really cute card, although Tim, the glitter king, would probably tell you to get some glitter on them thar mittens! A little clear spica would make them look like icy mittens...;-)

    I read it all - do I get a prize?

    Great continuation of Barb's wonderful kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, honey? This card is so far from simple, you could run to Timbuktu faster.

    I really like it. I LOVE the non-traditional colors. The card rocks. (but it's still not simple.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I read this far! I'm still just getting back into cardmaking and am very grateful to have found your blog. Lots of inspiring eye candy, and I appreciate that you make it sound so do-able!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here too! Wow! Another beautiful creation - I love the colors you used here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I read it all the way through. Cute card! Simple - NOT! I love all your timesaving techniques (stamp first - CB second). I've been sharing some of them with family while on vacation... card making supplies followed me here!

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete