Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Harvest Corn


Yeah... kind of a corny stamp... Well I have to say I don't think this has ever happened before... I actually like the picture of this card better than I like the actual card IRL! But I figure I'll share my favorites and not so favorites with you... this is definitely in the second group!Here are the details... Stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black... which is great for this stamp ---all those little corn kernels and no bleeding with my Copics. I purchased some Neenah Classic Crest Solar White #110 paper, whoa this is some serious paper. I don't know if the weight has any bearing on the Copics... but I love the feel of heavier weight paper. I sponged around the edges with Copper and Gold cat's eyes. The jar I used a glaze pen on to make it look ceramic. The sentiment I brought the colors in from the DP with just loose little squiggles of my copics and then using N0 to tone the color down a bit. The strip behind the corn I used my CB Houndstooth Folder and then rubbed a little gold over it to pick up the embossing. A few blingy leaves, some ribbon and brads... DONE.

  • Stamps: Stampin Up's Harvest Home
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Cat'e Eyes Copper and Gold, Copics, Fine Tip Brown Marker
  • Paper: DP by Bo Bunny Press, Misc. Dark Brown, Neenah Classic Solar White
  • Other: Nesties, Misc Ribbon, Crystal Leaves, Brads, CB Houndstooth

3 comments:

  1. Well, the photo of this is stunning (and I rarely use that word)--it made me gasp when I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one!! I want to know how you did the ribbon. Gives me ideas on what to do with those little shiny leaves we bought. LOVE the houndstooth embossing with this fall look. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty card. Yeah, just how did you do the ribbon at the top? Hmmmm, gonna have to think about this one... Love the variations in colors of the kernels, too.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete