Pages

Friday, August 1, 2008

Faux Fur Skatin' Sprinkle

The TCP Tuesday Challenge this week was to make a Christmas Card... Christmas in July, just forget that I am actually posting in August. I'm always late. You can find the original challenge on Toni's blog here. And you can see all of the challenge uploads in the SCS gallery under key word TCPTUES18. Go take a look!

Faux Fur--- what? Look on the little cuffs of Sprinkle's coat... it's fun flock. This is my first adventure with fun flocking so... I know it's not the newest and latest. But I'm thinking it's a pretty neat-o add on to a card. I always seem to think of Sprinkle as a boy cat (since boy cats are all I've had) but now I am wondering at the gender of Sprinkle... with a name like sprinkle and little hat perched on the head, maybe it is a girl cat. Regardless of gender I still love Sprinkle. I stamped using the Rich Cocoa Memento Ink.... Loving it. It does not bleed at all with my Copics. So I continue to be impressed with this ink. And the cocoa is a so warm looking. Anyhow... on the to the card.... To apply the fur trim I used a quickie glue pen on the areas and then just pressed the fun flock in to it. Seems to stay put. I did go over Sprinkle and the entire outfit with a glaze pen to give her/him/it some shine! I made the little polka dots on my frame just like I did on the Queen Greenie card. Edged some pieces with cat's eyes - Vanilla and Rich Chestnut. All the frames were created with you know what... Nesties. Hurry up new nesties... I'm waiting for you.
  • Stamps: All Stamps by The Cat's Pajamas
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copics, Cat's Eyes Chestnut and Vanilla
  • Paper: Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, The Dot Background is K and Company, Brown and other Dp is My Mind's Eye
  • Other: Snowflake Cuttlebug, Nesties, Perfect layers, Ivory Ribbon, Fine Tip Brown Pen, Quickie Glue Pen and FUN FLOCK!

3 comments:

  1. Love your Christmas skater kitty - especially the non-traditional color scheme. Good use of the kit paper, and the flock, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, this is awesome. Wow! I love all the layers - and the fun flock is perfect for this image! Thank you so much for playing along this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. It looks very rich!

    ReplyDelete