Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Eastern Grunge


Inspiration for this card is from Sharon's Friday Challenge to use RED and I really wanted to play with this stamp again, so I did. I love the Eastern/Asian influence, always have. Sorry for the "same stamp" post... but that is my favorite in the magazines when they have the same stamp used different ways. A Different Perspective or something like that... So anyway... these are all new SU stamps. I used Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics. I love my Copics... anyone out there want to buy me like 100 more colors? Pretty Please? I'll send you a very nice Thank You card! Anyone...?
Well back to the card... This is an easy card! The little red polka dot paper is from Holiday Treasures SU and I sponged the edges with black. The background stamp is Gratuitous Graffiti, and I have no idea what compelled me to combine these stamps! Then the little white edges I stamped the small branch from Eastern Influences and colored in then roughed up the edges with my scissors edge. On the actual card base I stamped the large flower around the edges. I kept trying to work some ribbon in... but really the card is busy enough and I couldn't find a way to add that I liked. Finished card is an A2.
  • Stamps all by SU: Gratuitous Graffiti, Eastern Influences
  • Paper: DP Holiday Treasures, Riding Hood Red, Black, Neenah Classic Solar White
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
  • Other: Half Pearls, Perfect Layers

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card!!! I absolutely love all your layers and patterns -- they all work together so well!!! You have done a wonderfully beautiful RED HOT card for today's challenge!!! I am so glad you played -- thanks much!!! OH, and if you find a generous Copic donor, send 'em my way, too!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *lol* I don't know what compelled you either, but those two work beautifully together. I think I get first dibs on the Copics Sugar Daddy, though, because I don't own a single one yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - that's definitely the right word for this card. Love it!

    Sue P

    ReplyDelete