Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

CatFish

I know this is a silly image.... but so silly it's kinda cute! Kitty is a wee bit too orange, but I wanted it to match my paper. The image was stamped on Neenah Classic Solar White and colored with Copics. I cut out my frame with Nesties and then put a piece of acetate in the window and popped it up over the image.... like he's swimming in a glass tank. IRL it looks better! I also used a clear glaze pen over the air bubbles and his diving mask as well as a little Spica pen action on the fish for sparkle, again IRL much better. These are pretty bright colors for me, but I like how it turned out... feels very summerish. These are more of the NEW In Colors from SU... Tangerine Tango and Pacific Point. I thought that Tangerine was going to be my least favorite of the group... but it's growing on me. I used Cuttlebugs to add texture and cut the blue strip using a scallop nestie. I could not live with out my nesties... I reach for them with every card I make and continue to find more ways to utilize them. The little fish on the bottom are from a punch and glittered them up with Spica's too..... yeah, yeah IRL you can see!!!

I tried to take a picture to show the depth from using the acetate window... but I color with markers, not specialize in expert picture taking... so it's not as clear as I would like.
I guess I could have named this post IRL...
In Real Life it looks much better!


  • Stamps: Swim Cat by Great Impressions, Best Fishes by Amuse
  • Ink: Pacific Point (sentiment), India Black Ink (for Image)
  • Paper: Acetate, Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, Yellow, White
  • Other: Misc. Ribbon, Nesties, Cuttlebug Folders, Spica Pens, Copic Markers

3 comments:

  1. It's the "best fishes" that gets me... =) That blue thing, wow! totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cute card - love the kitty. I guess I'm going to have to come by IRL and take a look for myself... See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Will have to try it with acetate too. CB folder is perfect with it! Also love the new kitty emblem!! Great job Heather! Miriam

    ReplyDelete