Pages

Friday, August 29, 2008

Cat and Craggly Tree


I guess summer is over --- according to the cards I've been doing lately! What can I say... Halloween and Holiday cards are fun and this is the first year I have made Holiday cards for a Holiday and the Holiday wasn't the next week!!!!
OK--- on to this card... spooky, right? I used a cat's eye white and circle mask to create the moon, stamped my Craggly Old Tree with the Owl... ummm, I took some liberties with the tree and added some more branches... I needed a little fill in for some dead space! I used brown markers and fine tip pens to fill in and shadow on the tree. And look at the cute little kitty! It's the teeniest cat stamp I own (I think) from A Muse. I used copper and white cat's eye inks to rub over the panel (originally River Rock) to try and create a dusky foggy feel... I had a Happy Halloween sentiment to add-- but decided I liked it better with out, so I'll probably stick it on the inside.
  • Stamps: House Of Haunts by SU, Teeniest Kitty by A Muse
  • Ink: Copics, Cat's Eyes Copper and Eggshell White, Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Cocoa
  • Paper: DP Ghostly Greetings by SU, DP Manchester by SU, Basic Grey Card Stock, River Rock Card Stock
  • Other: Nesties, Fine Tip Brown and Black Pens, Perfect Layers

5 comments:

  1. So do you usually do a lot of Halloween stuff in your household? I like your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is such an awesome card. You constantly inspire me.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it. I never would have thought of putting Manchester with Ghostly Greetings! Can't wait to see it in person. Kitty stamp goes on my list! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - our tastes are a lot alike -I have this one in my next order too! Love how you made the background on this and the Kitty is just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally LOVE this card! One of the best Halloween ones I've seen - EVER! Everything about this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete