Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Yummy Yummy

I'm in Atlanta, it's hot and humid.... I'm working on this card.... and thinking about what we are doing for dinner... I believe I know what I'll be drinking....
So this card started with the background paper as the inspiration and then grew from there. The margarita was stamped on white and I colored with Copics, the stem was paper pieced from the pattern paper. I stamped it on Neenah Classic Solar White with the new Memento Ink that everyone is raving about. They claim it does not bleed at all with the Copics ..... It's true! It did not bleed and I really tried to make it, usually I avoid my stamped lines-- and I just colored right over them with my blender and markers. I'm impressed. The floral embossing is one of the new CB folders. I colored in the depressed part of the flowers with Spica pens. I used a Chestnut Cat's Eye to chalk it up a bit. I used my nesties to create the scallop edge along the bottom of " [got margaritas?]". Then I used my Japanese Screw Punch to create the holes there along the border and around the brown circle under the margarita. Prima, a little bling and of course a little crystal lacquer over the margarita glass. Finished card is an A2.
  • Stamps: Margarita by DRS, [got margaritas] by A Muse
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
  • Copics: G000, G82, Y02, YG21, FYG2, YR31
  • Paper: Pattern Paper by My Mind's Eye, Misc Brown and Yellow, Neenah Classic Solar White
  • Other: Cuttlebug Folder, Spica Yellow and Green Pens, Primas, Bling, Nesties, Crystal Lacquer

6 comments:

  1. Very cute card! I love your color combinations (and I'm not usually a 'green' person)! I think I need to get my hands on those new CB folders! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure have been posting some cute cards! And lots of them! You must be having a blast in that cool craft room of yours. Love the extra details you add to each card. I don't always post a comment, but I always appreciate everything you share.

    Sue P Snellville, GA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and the colors, love the glass grapic.

    patty
    www.paperpiecingpatty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH!! Love how you incorporated the NEW CB emboss folder. Just got mine too and am totally inspired. Everything works so well together. FABULOUS!!
    Elizabeth Bead Diva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny I am so happy that Allison posted you as a new found blog. I love love all your creations I just spent the better part of 1 hour reading your blog, thank you.

    I also subscribed. Fabulous work!


    Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome!!! Great job on this and all your great creations. Love the new look of your blog too!!!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete