Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

The TWO Kings


OK... this is try number two for the TCP Sketch Challenge for this week, and this time I followed the directions! My oval is in the right place going the right way. I had fun with this card! I stamped Sprinkle in Chocolate and then rolled the edges in black. I added a little brown Copic marker to his body... just needed a little extra. I made his "Puffy Prince Pad" with Grey Copics, removing some color to try and give it a puffy look. The crown.... is a little punch and then I ran it through a cuttlebug folder for some texture, and of course it needed some bling! The ovals I roughed up the edges using my scissors. The scallop oval I wound gold sulky thread in between the scallops... hard to see in the pic, but it adds just a hint of gold. Click on the pictures for a more detailed view. The three little embellishments are nail heads. I thought they fit well with King Sprinkle. The paper is from the DCWV Pet's Stack. The paper is embossed and glittery IRL. The fine line you see on the brown strip is a gold gel pen. It's a pretty BUSY and BRIGHT card, but I kinda like how it turned out.

My "Regal" Photo Assistant... I know you are wondering why I named it TWO kings... when obviously there is only one kitty king on this card... Well, I was taking a pic of my card to post and here comes the king of my house..... right in to my light tent! Even though I knew the BLACK hair was flying off on my white background... I just couldn't resist. This is my spoiled rotten bad cat, I love him dearly and say this with love... instead of a crown I should have given him some devil horns!

  • Stamps: Sprinkle/The Cat's Pajamas, Meow!/Stamping Sensations
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip, Black, Copics
  • Paper: DP is DCWV Pets Stack, Chocolate Chip, Vanilla, Raspberry, Lime Green
  • Other: Nail heads, Crown Punch, Small Butterfly CB folder, Bling!, Ticket Corner Punch, Perfect Layers, Nesties, Gold Gel Pen, Spica Glitter Pens (on the collar), Gold Sulky Thread... whew, I think that's it!

3 comments:

  1. Super catabulous!! I want my Sprinkles back!! love what you did with me AND the pic of pepper in the crown! M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, love it, love it. Is the cat stamp from Cat's Pajamas? I need to make one for me (the queen, you know). I cannot believe your kitty stood still with that crown on!!! Too cute.
    Marcy

    ReplyDelete