Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

Spruced up Sprinkles

Yes... another cat card...
Well, the name of my blog suggests you might see more than a few cat creations. OK... I'll post something other than cats after this. This is for The Cat's Pajama's Challenge this week... so I wanted to use TCP stamps. This week the challenge was an Inspiration Piece of fabric to get you started.... hosted by Jen Del Muro on her blog i{heart}2stamp. I already said I wanted to use TCP stamps... well really -- I only have a handful of Sprinkle Holiday stamps....Easter Sprinkle, St. Pats Sprinkle, Christmas Sprinkle(s), Thanksgiving... but I have more coming in a big TCP order I just did (grinning)... can't wait, so I won't have to use just Sprinkle over and over.... maybe I'll even throw in a pooch here and there. Or maybe not. Anyway, I took my inspiration from the shape, obviously. These Octagons are from Spellbinders, just like Nesties...but no scallop set, they list them under the Geometric collection. So it was easy peasy to work from the shape alone. I used my perfect layers to create the mats, as I wanted some different widths. I did modify Sprinkle a bit... On the upstairs Sprinkle - I "think" the stamp image has a bell hanging from his tail or maybe a mistletoe ball... but I couldn't get it look like anything else but a blob, so I wiped the ink away from that portion before stamping and then hand drew a little bow. On downstairs Sprinkle I stamped him in red and cut out the candy cane from that image to paper piece in. No one wants a black candy cane, yukko. The sentiment I stamped in black then took a little fine tip red pen and just gave it some highlights. I used SU's Old Olive marker to draw my inner Nestie frames... as usual, can't seem not to do that! On the red Octagon around the sentiment I pin pricked all over it for some texture.

On the inside lining of the card is a mini Santa Sprinkle... this was a little Freebie thrown in on my last order... how cute this?! I went over portions with a glitter pen then the whole image with clear glaze pen.

Here's Sprinkle all Spruced up! Blogger was fussy with the long card and it's hard to see the details, actually Blogger drove me a little crazy with this post. You can click on the pictures to open a new window to get a better look. I put clear glaze over Sprinkle's whiskers to give a little "extra". Spica Red pen on his collar. And I outlined the green Octagon with Spica Green, it's green on green, so very subtle but just enough sparkle for a Sprinkle Christmas Card. I'm patting myself on the back for one more Holiday card done. So very unlike me!!!!

  • Stamps: All stamps are from The Cat's Pajama's
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Copics, SU Olive Green Marker, Fine Tip Red Pen
  • Paper: Real Red, Neenah Classic Solar White, SU Olive DP, Black, "Believe" Dp by DCWV
  • Other: Red Satin Ribbon, Nesties, Pin Pricker, Ticket COrner Punch, Half Back Pearls, Perfect Layers, Glitter Pen, Glaze Pen, Spica Red, Spica Green

2 comments:

  1. Very cute and clever card. Such lovely bows - both the ribbon one and the hand drawn one - you little artiste you! Lots of very nice elements to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS!!! You always come up with such great details to add "that little something"! Sprinkles is too fun all gussied up!

    ReplyDelete